EFAP CONTRACTED AGENCIES
City of Saskatoon Employees and their dependents can access counselling by calling the EFAP office, or by contacting the contracted counseling agencies directly. Employees will be required to provide the agency their name and the department they work for. Employee's are required to show Photo ID. Family members are also required to show their eligibility by presenting their Medical benefits card. If the family member does not have medical benefits, they must produce a valid ID with the same address as the Employee.
The following is some suggestions that may help you choose which Counsellor to see.
Picking a Counsellor.1 Know what a Counsellor can do for you.
· Be an understanding and supportive listener.
· Help you develop your ability to cope with life's difficulties.
· Help you develop some of your life-skills: more effective communication, better problem-solving, better impulse-control, etc.
· Help you look at your problems in different ways and with a different perspective.
· Help you gain more insight into your behaviors, thoughts, and emotions.
· Work with you to help you make changes in how you function and feel.
· Offer advice on how to find services which s/he isn't able to provide.
2 Know what Counsellor cannot do.
· Un-do hurt feelings and painful events.
· Change other people in your life, and cannot tell you how to change them, either.
· Create instantaneous change in you. Change requires hard work and dedication.
3 Call and ask the Counsellors any questions you may have.
· Ask lots of questions and take notes.
· Ask the Counsellor about how s/he handles conflict: therapists who are able to repair the rupture in the relationship when there is conflict tend to have a better outcome than their conflict-avoidance colleagues.
· Pay attention to how you feel when you talk with the therapist. If it doesn't feel like a good fit for you, don't make an appointment with that person even if you can't give a logical explanation about why you don't feel good about that person. Trust your feelings.
You can choose to see another Counsellor if you don't think this is the right Counsellor you.
T The following counselling agencies are contracted to
provide services. The EFAP will be billed directly from the counselling
agencies. The agency does not provided the EFAP the name of the client.
If you are unsure of who to choose , please call the EFAP office at 306-975-3327 and we would be happy to assist you.
CROSSROADS THERAPEUTIC SOLUTIONS
617C Main Street East
Saskatoon, SK S7H 0J8
PROFESSIONAL PSYCHOLIGISTS & COUNSELLORS
1118 College Drive
Saskatoon, SK S7N 0W2
FAMILY COUNSELLING CENTRE
601 4th Avenue North
Saskatoon, SK S7K 2J8
PENNEY MURPHY & ASSOCIATES
518 Circle Dr. East
PROFESSIONAL COUNSELLING ASSOCIATES
#206 912 Idywyld Drive North
Saskatoon, SK S7L 0Z6
Morrison+Schenn-Visentini BROADWAY COUNSELLING & THERAPY
Unit 201 611 University Dr. Saskatoon, Sk. S7N3Z1
The Shift Counselling Services
716 Queen Street.